Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Gaming Connects
After playing Oregon Trail, I thought about how hard it was to actually take trips back then. I lost two people, and tried starting over three times, but I unfortunately failed. Playing Oregon Trail was hard, it shows how stressing trips were from going over rivers, to famine and even sickness leading to death. In playing this game I felt like I could really connect with life back in the 1800s, it really gave a great overview of how had it was to make it through if you don't know the right proportions and amounts of things to buy and keep. At that even then, materials and bulls were stolen making it hard to even stay right on track. In conclusion that is how gaming helps connect with the situation at hand, it can put you in a first hand scenario so one can see the hardships of long journeys in the 1800s.